Bedroom Sex - Keeping it Hot
By Great Sex Coach Cynthia Perkins, M.Ed.
Although you often get advice to have sex in a variety of places, there's something very special about bedroom sex. Its' the one room in the house that is designated not only for sleeping, but the act of making love.
What is more romantic and memorable than being whisked off to the bedroom? We see it portrayed in movies and books all the time. What is more comforting than slipping into bed next to your lover or more heartbreaking than crawling into an empty bed when a relationship ends? That's because sex in the bedroom is very intimate.
There's nothing more sexy and intimate than the bed you share with your lover. It in many ways is sacred ground. This is evidenced by the fact that if a partner is unfaithful and the infidelity takes place in the bed he or she shares with their lover it is much more traumatic and damaging to the betrayed and the relationship.
Many couples can get past a fleeting infidelity, however bringing the other person into the bedroom is a whole different story and is usually much harder to forgive and forget. Not only does the partner feel betrayed, but they also feel violated. Boundaries have been crossed in the deepest sense; the enemy has been in their bed.
Additionally this kind of behavior really exhibits a deep lack of respect for their partner and the relationship and thus it makes a very loud statement as to how much the unfaithful one values their partner and also speaks to the quality of that relationship, which leaves the betrayed one with some very important decisions to make.
Maintaining the integrity of this VIP room is of the utmost importance. It should be honored like royalty.
Tips for Better Bedroom Sex
With that being said, bedroom sex can be some of the most satisfying and memorable sexual pleasures you enjoy. However, as you build a life together it can also be easy to slip into a boring routine and requires a little effort from time to time to keep things fresh and exciting.
- Clean up the clutter. If you're like most folks, your bedroom is likely to be overflowing with dirty clothes, clothes baskets, books, magazines and children's toys. Be sure to tidy up now and then. You don't want to be tripping over things as you strut like a super model across the room in your sexy lingerie or tossing items onto the floor as you make your way between your lover's thighs.
- Decorate your bed on holidays and birthdays. On birthdays put up pictures of memorable events and balloons. At Christmas you can decorate it like a tree with bulbs and tinsel. You can even hang a stocking on the bedpost. Put a wrapped gift or a thong or silk boxers on the pillow.
- Make the room reminiscent of your relationship. Place photos of sensual moments on the wall or nightstand or even very naughty moments if your more risque. If you're too shy to display your own pictures up, buy some tasteful erotic, sensual or intimate prints.
- Keep your bedroom sex fun and adventurous with a picnic in your bed. Bring your favorite foods and aphrodisiacs. Feed each other with your fingers and be sure to lick them clean.
- Give your lover a full body massage with coconut oil, then have fun slipping and sliding.
- Set a bottle of champagne or sparkling apple juice in a bucket of ice on the nightstand. Play sensual music in the background. Pour your lover a drink, then take them in your arms and slow dance across the room.
- Get new curtains that are sexy and sensual. Hang them together.
- Redecorate with colors that inspire passion and desire. This doesn't have to be major remodeling. It can be a simple partition or a new set of silk sheets.
- Cover the bed with velvet and roses. If your lover has a favorite flower besides roses then use those instead. Leave a trail of flowers across the room.
- Surprise your lover when you turn on the DVD player and insert a hot and sexy movie. Have some wild and naughty bedroom sex.
- Use lighting that creates shadows. Replace your bulbs with soft colors like pink or purple for ambience. Flickering candles are always a winner.
- Bring new playthings into the bedroom like sex toys.
- Dress as a bellhop or maid and treat your lover as if they are staying in the highest rated hotel in the world. Serve them in bed in every way. Leave no desire unfulfilled.
- Lay in bed together, wrapped in one another's arms and reminisce all the times you've shared together in this bed. If you're relationship is still relatively new, then fantasize together about all the things you'd like to do in this bed.
- Cover your bed with new pillows and shapes like the liberator wedge. With the wedge you can create a whole new playground right on the top of your bed. Experiment with new positions and techniques, achieve deeper penetration, have hours of fun exploring all the new adventures that are possible.
The bed you share together is your thrown and your bedroom is your palace. Treat each other like Kings and Queens from time to time and your bedroom sex will never grow dull and boring. Instead year after year you'll continue to build memories that only deepen the intimacy of this special room and thus enrich your sexual experiences even more.